Thursday 18 August 2011

Harpies

Harpies. Yup today's update are some Harpies. Now these things have been sitting in a case for ages, I painted them years ago, but the paint job was so rushed they looked just terrible. (It was basically a flesh coloured wash over a white undercoat with bits painted up black, then based.) Now in the past I've never liked the GW Harpies, I thought they looked pretty awful. But since repainting these I've actually grown quite fond of them. (To the extent that I bought some more of ebay).

This first bunch is just a bog standard unit of 5 Harpies, I painted them the same way as I do my Elf flesh, and they've turned out pretty nice. But for the second lot, I wanted to do something a little different. Just for Storm of Magic.
The rules for SoM say that you can give Harpies a flaming attack, hmmm I thought, I suppose they should really have some flames about them then. So I came up with the idea of sculpting some flames onto the hands of them. I was a little tied when it came to painting the flames, do I go dark coloured magical flames or flamey colour (yes I know I did the flames back to from but I like them). I'm happy with the result, and once I get my ebay buys through I'll be adding another couple of units, one with flames and one without.
I've still got a lot to do for this game, but I've decided to drop a few things from my planned scheme of things. I have a Lord on Chaos Dragon, a Sorceress of Pegasus and another couple of units of Crossbows, these will probably be put on hold till after the game, as they don't look good at all, with quite a few chips, and breaks that will require a fair bit of work to repair and get looking good and I still haven't got a Fulcrum painted yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...