Monday 24 October 2011

Step-by-Step Cauldron of Blood : Part 4 - Just Face It

On with the painting...

The next layer I add to the flesh is a mix of Elf Flesh and Space Wolves Grey, and again I go over the same areas leaving some of the previous layers showing.
The final layer on the Flesh is pure Space Wolves Grey, I use this as an extreme highlight on the minis, only touching on the most raised areas and using it to define muscles.
To add a little colour to the face I now add some lipstick, you'll notice that I have only added the colour (Mercherite Red) to the lower lip. I've found that if you add the paint onto the top lip it makes the models look like it has clown makeup on.
I the add a highlight of Blood Red to the lip.
And finally I pick out the Hags teeth with a little Skull White.
Next onto the armour...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...