Sunday 13 November 2011

Step-by-Step Cauldron of Blood : Part 5 The Armour

Well it's been a while, but I'm finally back. Computers all working, although the nice guys at the cybercafe have lent me a power lead till payday at the end of the month.

So without further ado here's the next installment of my Step-by-Step guide.

For the armour I first give the selected areas a coat of Boltgun Metal.


Next I painted the areas I want to have a brown leathery feel with Bestial Brown. Yes I know I'm supposed to be doing the armour, but there is a reason for this.


Which is because I now give all the metal and leather areas a coat of Badab Black, this adds some shading to the areas and dulls down some of the shininess on the metal.


Finally I add a higlight to the edges of the metal with a mix of Boltgun Metal and Skull White. This mix further dulls down the shininess of the metal. If you want the metal to have more of a shine to it you can use Mithril Silver. But for Dark Elves I feel the dullness adds to the overall effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...