Sunday 21 August 2011

Old Guard

Ah the old Black Guard, these fellas have been through so many battles, the most memorable were against a friends Undead army. In about three games the Guard were charged by his Carrion (this was when you could have Vamps with Mummies/Carrion etc.) and ended up fleeing from them every time. They did start fairing a bit better with the later editions of Fantasy though.

When I painted the unit (oh so many years ago) I wanted to keep them looking black. I kept the colours simple only adding some real colour to the cloaks. I did paint up a unit of 30 of these, but for some reason GW saw fit to limit the unit size to 20 in the new book. I think I have some more unpainted in a box somewhere so will have to use the remaining painted minis to make a new unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...